On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:26 PM, David Nalesnik <david.nales...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Simon Albrecht <simon.albre...@mail.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 13.04.2015 um 01:55 schrieb David B. Stocker:
>>
>>> David,
>>>
>>> Thank you for this. This is exactly what I'm after.
>>>
>>> It seems like you're a Scheme guy. Is there a learning resource you
>>> would recommend to a very green beginner?
>>>
>> I don’t know any basic tutorials for Scheme itself, but concerning Lily
>> the extending manual <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.
>> 19/Documentation/extending/scheme-tutorial> is a point to start.
>> Documentation for Scheme may be found at <http://www.schemers.org/
>> Documents/Standards/R5RS/> and <http://www.gnu.org/software/
>> guile/docs/docs-1.8/guile-ref/index.html> (R5RS referring to scheme in
>> general and the guile reference manual to the implementation used in
>> LilyPond), but these offer what is probably the steepest learning path
>> available.
>>

> I've gotten a lot from the Extending Manual and the Guile 1.8 manual.
> There's plenty to be had by searching, resources like
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html.   There
> isn't much that is specifically geared to our flavor of Scheme, but I
> haven't found this to be much of an issue.

Though I must underscore that you need to be ever on the lookout for
functions that aren't in Guile (as I see there are in the "Teach yourself
Scheme in fixnum days..." link above.  That's why I've always had the Guile
1.8 manual (not 2x) at the ready and have gotten most info from there after
becoming reasonably proficient.

DN