On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Kieren MacMillan <
kieren_macmil...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> > Aha.  So in the console do you see something like
>
> No…  =)
>
>  (make-music
>   'SequentialMusic
>   'elements
>   (list (make-music
>           'NoteEvent
>           'pitch
>           (ly:make-pitch 1 0)
>           'duration
>           (ly:make-duration 2))))
>
> That’s it.

:(

Another discovery is making me think that there is just no good way to
solve this problem.

Try:

 \colorOverride
{
  \override NoteHead.X-extent = #'(-1 . 1)
  \override NoteHead.font-size = 3
  \override NoteHead.stencil = #ly:note-head::print
  c1
  \revert NoteHead.X-extent
  c1
  \revert NoteHead.font-size
  c1
  \revert NoteHead.stencil
  c1
}

A single revert kills the color, even though two overrides are in effect.

Conversely. using \markAllAlteredGrobs (in color-tweaks2.y above, not to be
confused with colorTweaks2.ly), only the last \revert removes the color,
which is as it should be.

Try:

{
  \override NoteHead.X-extent = #'(-1 . 1)
  \override NoteHead.font-size = 3
  \override NoteHead.stencil = #ly:note-head::print
  c1
  \revert NoteHead.X-extent
  c1
  \revert NoteHead.font-size
  c1
  \revert NoteHead.stencil
  c1
}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \markAllAlteredGrobs

I just don't think there is any way to do this perfectly.

Maybe I'll try an engraver, since it looks like we need live grobs (the
\markAllAlteredGrobs approach)

DN