Hi LilyPonders, I have a possible bug I’m trying to work around/figure out. I
have a number of Georgian songs where I’ve set a latin transliteration as
“verse 1” and the Georgian alphabet for “verse 2”.
With Lilypond 2.18.2 (or 2.19.20) on OS X 10.10.3, compiling now fails with the
error “warning: `(fondu -force /System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont)' failed
(5)). This used to work in Lilypond 2.16 just fine. Overriding the entire
document to use Helvetica Neue also fails. Overriding everything to use Arial
Unicode MS works, but 1) yuck, and 2) I shouldn’t need to do any of that. If I
do nasty hacks like moving Helvetica out of place, it will compile using some
other random font that contains Georgian characters, but I want to have control
over what’s being chosen (or not chosen, in this case).

Anyone have experience setting non-latin texts, explicitly choosing the
non-latin font to use, and whether you’re hitting this issue?

Here’s my condensed (failing) example:

\version "2.18.2"

firstVoice = \lyricmode {
I -- av -- na -- na, }