On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Richard Shann-2 [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n17764...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 17:13 +0200, Marc Hohl wrote:
> > Am 09.06.2015 um 16:12 schrieb Carlo Stemberger:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'd like to use LilyPond glyphs[1] in Inkscape.
> > >
> > > Currently what's the best practice?
> >
> > You could download the notation manual as pdf and load the pages with
> > the glyphs into inkscape ...
>
> On my Debian Wheezy distro loading an actual LilyPond generated PDF
> score into Inkscape gives a score with the noteheads and much else
> missing...

This is because Inkscape doesn't render the document using fonts from the
PDF even though they are embedded. It relies on the existence of fonts in
the regular system folder and tries to pick an alternative if the exact
font doesn't exist there. If you install the emmentaler-XX.otf fonts in the
system folder, you will find the glyphs appear in Inkscape as you expect.
The SVG backend compiler is a great way to go, though, as Joram has also
mentioned, since it doesn't require you to do anything extra with the
fonts, but they just end up as vector graphics, not as font characters.

- Abraham