> Simon Albrecht <simon.albre...@mail.de> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> some remarks:
>> 1. Are you aware that it’s illegal what you’re doing? All of the works
>> of Shostakovich are under copyright (almost?) everywhere on the world,
>> see the note on
>> <http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Shostakovich,_Dmitry>.
>
> So?  That does not preclude him from making copies for personal use in
> most jurisdictions in the world.

In Germany it is forbidden to make a photocopy of protected music,
even if you own a bought printed edition.
But it is allowed to copy it _once(!)_ with a pen and a sheet of paper
or using a music typesetting program, etc.
At least, that's what I was told from my boss.
In the end you'll always need a lawyer at hand - ofcourse you will
most likely not be able to pay him, if you ask him every day multiple
times ...

Anyway, on this list it's always possible to ask questions about
typesetting even protected music, if you tell us randomized
note-entries.

Cheers,
  Harm