Hi all,

Sorry for the late acknowledgment (vacation mode).
This example worked like a charm, and possible other suggestions too (I'm going through them now).

Thank you, once more,
Alberto

On 02/08/15 22:35, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hello

I know it is not a common practice, but I would like to put in the middle of
the lyrics text, a quarter rest (in parenthesis), in order to make it clear
that nothing should be sang in that note (and also because I am trying to
copy what was written by the composer).

I tried to look up in the snippets repository, but didn't find anything
useful (probably didn't look properly).

Thank you,
Alberto

Try:

\addlyrics {
   c d \markup { \raise #0.8 \parenthesize \fontsize #-6 \rest #"4" } f
}

HTH,
   Harm