Hi,

 in a piano score I'm writing sometimes a third staff on top of the
other two standard staffs (with a "G^15" clef) is used.

I would like to remove this staff if empty, but *always* have the
other two staffs active. If I remove the
"Keep_alive_together_engraver" from the PianoStaff, every staff can
get removed, which is not optimal as this requires manual tweaking.

I tried all sorts of combinations of removing and consisting the
keep-alive-together engraver, tried to create an explicit staffgroup
for the main piano staves within the PianoStaff (this results in
loosing the centered instrument name and the curly braces), but it
didn't work.

Does anybody know of a solution?

--
Orm