I assume this was intended for the list.

Von: Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarensk...@zonnet.nl>
Gesendet: 11. September 2015 23:09:32 MESZ
An: Urs Liska <u...@openlilylib.org>
Betreff: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

> But I find this thread very interesting and also touching, and it should
> not be just buried in the mailing list archive. We should let it fade
> out and then see if we can give it a decent place somewhere.

I guess it's time to react to this thread that I originally started
myself :-)

I'm 54. I don't remember when I started using LilyPond exactly, but it
must be since 5 years or so. I have also used other text-based score
programs like abcm2ps and mup, and occasionally I still use them. But
LilyPond is my first choice.

I teach piano and have pupils from age 3 to 80.
I do much (re-)arrangements or transcription from existing works, for
educational purposes. I did do original compositions in the past, and plan
to do more of that in the future if time allows.

I use Vim or Frescobaldi to edit my scores.
I sometimes write my own python or sh scripts to organise scores and
parts.

--

MT