On 16.09.2015 14:13, David Kastrup wrote:
Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwi...@univie.ac.at> writes:

I am using only triplets in a score, and I would like to suppress all the 3s
next to the beams.
I probably should do somrething like

   \once \override TupletNumber.text = #()

but that does not work.
What will work?
Well, the question has been answered as is already.  But doesn't this
call for \time 6/8 or similar instead?

Likely not. In the 18th century at least, there are subtle differences (of which we know too little); a 2/4 time with only triplets and 6/8 time can not be considered equivalent (e.g. in terms of tempo and stress). Besides, one doesn’t need to dot all the crotchets. One might consider, if that be appropriate and convenient, using { \time 2/4 \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 6/8) } or vice versa.

Yours, Simon