On 23.09.2015 23:43, David Kastrup wrote:
Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com> writes:

Hello,

is it possible to have a Scheme function output a bookpart? In the attached
example and my real-world setup, I get ‘error: bad expression type’.

TIA, Simon
Hi Simon,

this may give you a starting point:

\version "2.19.27"

test =
#(define-scheme-function (mus) (ly:music?)
   (ly:book-process
     (ly:make-book-part (list (ly:make-score mus)))
     $defaultpaper
     $defaultlayout
     (ly:parser-output-name)))

m = { c'4 }

\test \m
Turns out I have some half-finished branch "bookactive" in my
repository.  I just don't remember any more what the problem was.

Meaning? That you think about simplifying the interface/making something like my first example work? Which would of course be very honourable :-)

Yours, Simon