I see in the Lilypond Reference That you can specifiy for example, the
shape of a Phrasing Slur by giving control points. E.g.

\shape #'((0 . -1) (5.5 . -0.5) (-5.5 . -10.5) (0 . -5.5)) PhrasingSlur

However, is there a way to do this outside of a slur context? Namely I
would like to draw curves like the above slur but without

actually engraving noteheads, just the curve itself.

--
ॐ नमः शिवाय