Thanks for the feedback.

off-list I got one strong opinion against providing the #'one option
because it's incorrect.

I know it's incorrect, and that's why I had asked for an improvement
around a year ago.
However, it's the way everybody is used to, and that's why some might
still *want* to engraver their scores that way.

Apart from LilyPond < 2.19.21 this is what Sibelius and Finale users can
achieve automatically (except for drawing the extra secondary beams
manually ...).

Well, deep in my heart I also feel we shouldn't support incorrect
notation, and so I'm inclined to throw it out again (no big deal of
course) and only provide the #'base-moment option.
While I wouldn't use it personally I can think of scores where the new
default beaming (with differing beam numbers on the different positions)
might look too inconsistent.

Urs