I've been setting a piece of "modern" (i.e. 19th Century) music and, for
the first time ever, needed to use Da Capo al Fine.  Achieving this for
the score and the MIDI output has proved to be surprisingly difficult,
which means I've probably missed something obvious in the manuals!

In case it helps others, here's a possible solution (attached).  If it
passes expert inspection, it might make a useful snippet.  If not, I'd
like to know how it should be improved.  (In particular, I'm not sure
about the typographical standards for "fine")

-- Graham

\version "2.19.35"

music = {
  \relative {
    \repeat volta 2 {
      a'2 b c d |
      \bar "||"
      \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
      \mark \markup { \bold \italic "fine" }
    }
    \alternative {
      {
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
        d c b c \bar "||"
        \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
        \mark "D.C. al Fine"
      }
      { }

\score {