Hi all,

I'm working on a graphical music editing program. The final output (with
Lilypond, of course) is going great, but for editing the music in real-time
it's way too slow.

Can you give me advice or point me toward a resource on speeding up
Lilypond by turning off features? For instance, I don't care about stem
length, beam slant, collisions between noteheads and anything else,
collisions between markup elements, or spacing between staves. And since it
will always be rendering to a single page wide enough to hold it all on one
line, I'd like to turn off the line break calculations. What do you suggest?

Thank you,

Isaac Reilly