From: lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=ca.rr....@gnu.org
[mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=ca.rr....@gnu.org] On Behalf Of
Patrick Karl
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 9:35 AM
To: lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: positioning a rest

I'm trying to duplicate the following measure:

My attempt:

\version "2.19.32"
{
    \new Staff <<
        \time 3/4
        \new Voice { \oneVoice r4 r \voiceOne g' }
        \new Voice { \voiceTwo s4 c'2 }

}

This works fine for everything but the second quarter-rest, which is positioned
beneath the half-note middle-C:

I've tried several variations of the above snippet, but the rest either move up
to  the \voiceOne position or remains firmly beneath the middle-C.  How can I
get the second rest to be positioned in the middle of the staff, at the same
level as the first rest?

Thanks.
Pat