David,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:14 PM, David Landt [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n188546...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> I will continue to research whether Frescobaldi has the ability to play
> MIDI instruments other than piano.

Frescobaldi doesn't actually provide the MIDI sound font, just the player
interface. So, if you are only hearing piano, regardless of your choice of
midiInstrument, then there must be a problem with your OS's built-in MIDI
sound font. Which OS are you using?

> Since I am new to Frescobaldi, the problem may just be my limited ability
> to use the program.

I am thinking there is just a mis-understanding as well. Don't give up on
Frescobaldi. I have LOVED using it for all that it offers.

Best,
Abraham