Gilberto,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Gilberto Agostinho [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n188571...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> The problem I have with it is that I often find the distance between the
> dynamics and the staff to be very large and for no apparent reason.
> ... [SNIP] ...
> So my question is: how is the best way to handle this? How can I bring the
> Dynamic context closer to the Staff but still avoiding collisions? Are
> there any overrides I could use for that?

Although it might not be apparent what's going on, there is a logical
explanation. In the first instance you are attaching the dynamics to the
NoteColumn (giving it vertical flexibility, independent of other dynamics
instances), the second uses a non-staff context which has its own spacing
relative to other [non]staff contexts. You can read about this in detail
here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems>

HTH,