"special"? I'll show you special. I have a Maltron split-layout keyboard,
with a switch on the underside to change between the "normal" German QWERTZ
layout and the custom one Maltron designed for themselves to be ergonomic
(in which the home row is ANISF -- DTHORÄ, the numeric keypad is in between
them, the E is under the left thumb, and every single person who tries to
use my computer walks away with a splitting headache). Hear: look at the
product page and weep at the baffling eccentricity:
http://www.maltron.com/shop/product/2526-maltron-two-hand-3d-fully-ergonomic-keyboards-for-germany

(yes, it cost a fortune, but it saved my hands after years of steadily
increasing carpal tunnel issues)