> On 28 Apr 2016, at 1:51 PM, Michiel Sikma <m...@letsdeliver.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing some tests trying to figure out repeating sections and voices, and
> I've written this so far:
> http://lilybin.com/mwafar/2 <http://lilybin.com/mwafar/2>
> My question is, does it look OK to you that the end of the second alternative
> is a repeat bar (e.g. ":..:" ) in both directions? I was expecting to get a
> ".|:" bar. Here's an example: http://i.imgur.com/PJ9prg1.png
> <http://i.imgur.com/PJ9prg1.png>
> Did I accidentally mess up the repeat formatting or is Lilypond's output also
> valid? To me it looks almost like there should be another repeat of the first
> part, after playing the second alternative, which is not how the score should
> be, but maybe I'm mistaken.
>
> I appreciate any insight you can give, or other tips if you happen to think
> of any :)
>
> Michiel Sikma
>
> Let's Deliver
> http://letsdeliver.com/ <http://letsdeliver.com/>
> m...@letsdeliver.com
> <mailto:m...@letsdeliver.com>_______________________________________________
> lilypond-user mailing list
> lilypond-user@gnu.org

Hi Michiel,

Both look fine to me, though I personally agree with you find the example in
the image you linked to more aesthetically pleasing. You can get this by
appending ‘ \bar ".|:” ‘ to line 115 of the LilyBin code, though it seems like
you already knew that ("I was expecting to get a ".|:” bar”).

I checked the output of Sibelius, and it’s the same as Lilypond, for what
that’s worth.

Matt.