Mike,

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Mike Dean [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n191323...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> ... over seven measures with dashes engraved as necessary.
> I'm not sure how easily I can find that in the snippet repository...

Here's a post with a solution I came up with a while back. You have to
manually determine where to place the syllables you want to space out, but
it's pretty straightforward:

http://leighverlag.blogspot.com/2014/11/long-broken-de-crescendo-text.html

There has been some EXCELLENT work to make this (more) automated, but I
can't remember it off the top of my head at the moment.

HTH,
Abraham