On 06/07/2016 09:15 PM, Joshua Nichols wrote:
I've run into the need to do this, and I can't quite figure out how to
make it happen. Please see the attached image.

Basically, for those who can't load it, I want to create a tie from a
"chord" into a "new voice." It's fairly common in classical literature,
but I am wondering if this is possible even, or yet.

Ties into chords from chords/notes that only share part of the chord notes already do exactly what you appear to need. No trickery (hidden notes to cross voices etc) is necessary here:

\new Staff <<
    {
        d''1~ |
        d''1~ |
        <a' d''>2 <g' c''> |
    } \\ {
        d'1~ |
        d'1~ |
        d'1 |
    }

If you prefer, you can avoid the '\\' syntax by using
<<
   {
       \voiceOne
       % notes for upper voice