Add another +1! With a Gregorian chant caveat or two...

When using modern notation for Gregorian chant tunes, Lilypond sometimes gets
confused and allows a line to run off the page.  When this happens, I insert a
"visual break" as needed, and then adjust at the end.

I find that inserting a single break often fixes the problem for the rest of
the chant, with the possible exception of the last line.

Karen

P.S. When dealing with a long multi-verse chants and plainsongs, I sometimes
insert breaks based on where the verses break.