Hi Paul,

thanks for your pointers.

Am 10.07.2016 um 18:39 schrieb Paul:
> Hi Urs,
>
> On 07/08/2016 08:34 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
>>
>> I would like to do the following:
>>
>>   * Let ScholarLY add an 'id to the affected grob
>>   * Let ScholarLY export annotations to a JSON file (including the
>>     same ID).
>>   * Let LilyPond compile to SVG (where the elements get the ID)
>>   * Display the SVG score in a web page
>>   * Use the ID to create popovers displaying the annotation
>>   * Use it also to display a list of annotations with links to the
>>     score elements
>>
>> I think all this should be principally quite straightforward - and
>> provide us with the basics for stuff that can go pretty far into what
>> digital editions do today.
>>
>> I would implement the website part with Angular, as that's what I
>> have some experience with. But if someone chimes in and insists on
>> taking a different approach I wouldn't object.
>>

> Two quick thoughts:
>
> Sounds complementary to LilyPond HTML Live Score.  Might be some
> useful overlap to work with / leverage there?
>
> https://gitlab.com/sigmate/lilypond-html-live-score

Hm, I'll definitely have a closer look and get in touch with the author.
But I'm not sure if that's really compatible (for example as it exploits
the same property as I have in mind).

> As you probably know, I've heard that Angular 2 is quite different
> from Angular 1.x. (big break in backwards compatibility, difficult
> migration from 1 to 2, etc.)  So if you're using Angular, I think
> you'd want to use version 2.
>
> React.js might be worth considering as well.  I'll be using it for my
> GSOC project.  What you describe seems relatively simple (as web apps
> go), so maybe the more minimal approach of React would make sense and
> do all you need?

Good, maybe an incentive to give it a try (or at least look). The fact
that Angular is the only framework I know so far isn't really a good
argument ...

Best
Urs