> >position,
> >bar

> >> But is there an a or any other note that could reasonably be tied or
> >slurred to in the next measure?
> >>
> >> From my experience as editor this really looks like a broken tie or
> >slur where the engraver forgot to supply the second part. This happens
> >extremely often.
> >>
> >> Best would be an image of the next system.
> >
> >Attached. Every bar in the piece looks like the other three bars,
> >except for two cadences at which beat 4 is a crochet in the bass.
> >So IMHO it's to make sure the note is sustained right through the
> >bar, as this movement lacks any pedalling. A tie here wouldn't make
> >sense in the context.

Another possible interpretation is that the A whole note should be tied to
the eighth-note A in the first chord of the next measure.

In that view, the error is the omission of the tie in the first measure of
the next system.

David Elaine Alt
415 . 341 .4954                                           "*Confusion is
highly underrated*"
ela...@flaminghakama.com
self-immolation.info
skype: flaming_hakama