"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <carsonm...@ca.rr.com> writes:

> David,
>
> K 331 was composed in 1783, the variations in 1799, so Beethoven might
> (should) have known it
> So delicious to discover all of the "behind the scenes" elements of this
> music!

Ok, I looked at your link.  It's definitely not a March, being in 3/8.
One could consider it a reference to a "Ländler", but the whole thing is
a Sonata with variations, and the "alla Austriaca" is close to the end.

While musically quite different, _structurally_ I cannot imagine this
sonata to be _anything_ but a joke on KV331.  Really, check out the
score on all of KV331 and compare with the whole stuff from Beethoven.

--
David Kastrup