Hi Donald, Hi All,

As it has already been said, direct conversion (pdf2ly) is not possible.
You have to go through a 3rd party product to get an XML file and then do
the xml2ly conversion.
I'm testing those OMR from time to time (you can add
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/omer.htm on the list). Audiveris
is the worst, clearly out of date.
I did the last test in 2015 and I was impressed by the results with
PhotoScore, very few mistakes.
Anyway, remember that the idea is to save time and you will be surprised on
how time consuming are these processes. In any case, even with PhotoScore,
you'll have to edit the ly file and work on it, hard on most case, to get a
nice final result.
In conclusion, since you can typeset a ly file as fast as you read the
music, it is far more interesting to do that than to go through a scanning
process.
My 2 pence.

Cheers,
Pierre