On 06.10.2016 13:53, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Robert,
Did you download and install the openlilylib framework on your path?
No, I didn't. Frankly, I had no idea that something like that would be
necessary.
\shapeII currently requires it (though I hope one day, \shapeII or similar is
built in to the main distribution of Lilypond).

Unfortunately, that’s a long way still, since there are grave issues with \shapeII (see the openlilylib issue tracker). On one hand, I imagine that building it in the LilyPond core (C++ slur code !) would be a route to solve them, but that’s also a quite advanced task, it would seem. Though I agree that much would be gained!

Best, Simon