hi all,

I think I've found a possible solution by using \bookpart anyway. I've
separated the content even more and put the \score in original_file in a
variable \Music. Then I make a second file with an include of the
original_file.ly, naming it original_file_score.ly and by adding \Music I
have a standalone score.

In the master-document I do this:

\include "original_file.ly"
\bookpart{
\paper {
\paper {
    system-system-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 1) (padding . 2))
\Music
}

and that seems to work, for this larger file

Sadly enough including original_file_score.ly within the bookpart does not
work. It throws errors saying it can't find other files, included in the
original file.

This does make it quite complicated because i also have very short etudes
by Sagreras (one line for an etude), hence my reluctance to use \bookpart.

I could do this:

\include "sagreras_EtudeA.ly"
\include "sagreras_EdudeB.ly"
\include "sagreras_EdudeC.ly"
etc...

\bookpart{
\sagrerasA
\sagrerasB
\sagrerasC
etc...
}

but obviously I can't use same variable name each time.

If the include would have worked inside the \bookpart block, like this:

\bookpart{
include "sagreras_EtudeA.ly"
\Music
\include "sagreras_EdudeB.ly"
\Music
\include "sagreras_EdudeC.ly"
\Music
etc...
}

it could have worked.
Lilypond reads top down anyway, the variable \Music would have been
redefined by the next include.

In other words, I'm still open for suggestions :-)

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On Twitter <https://twitter.com/Bart_Issimo>