> On 2 Feb 2017, at 20:56, David Wright <lily...@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

>> Yes, the idea was to just add "2x" to a repeat with two alternatives. How
>> would that look, in your view?
>
> Isn't there a danger that the "2x" will be seem as merely a redundant
> reinforcement of an ordinary repeat unless you mark the end of the
> second alternative.

It is ambiguous, indeed, in view of the alternatives.

>> Otherwise, I used the "1, 3", "2", "4" variation, which looks fine.
>
> How good it looks might depend on the relative scale of the repeated
> section and the alternatives.

It is the second section here (cf. [1]). Normally, I would not bother write out
exactly how many times a section is repeated, as it ad lib, and another
requirement is that as the piece curiously exactly fills out one page, I did
not want it to flow over.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB5V-SO8BdI