It's not hard to hit LilyBin from the command line, but the interface isn't
great. Try curl -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/json"
https://7icpm9qr6a.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/prod/prepare_preview/stable
-d '{"code": "% LilyBin\n\\score{\n\t{\n\t\t\\repeat unfold 120 { c4. d e f
}\n\t}\n\n\t\\layout{}\n\t\\midi{}\n}\n"}'.

The response will include an "id" field. You can download the result from
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/lilybin-scores/${id}.pdf.

LilyBin used to run on a single server just as Urs described, and after
about 2 years, somebody ran some Scheme code that goofed up the server (rm
-rf . or something). We changed it so compilation happened in an ephemeral
Docker container; now it runs on AWS Lambda.