On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 6:31 PM, Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.vio...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'd like to increase the spacing between two notes, to accommodate a fall.
> I've checked "spacing" issues in the Notation Reference and in the snippet
> repository, but can't find anything that will increase the distance between
> just two notes.

After working with helpful suggestions from Urs Liska and Simon Albrecht, I
came up with the following, which seems to be as close as I can come to the
original. I added a partial spacer rest (s).

%%%%%%%%%% start snippet %%%%%%%

\version "2.19.50"
\include "english.ly"

fallTest =
%\relative c'
{
  \clef treble
  \key d \major
  \time 4/4

  e4 e
  \override BendAfter.springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
  d4*3/4-\tweak minimum-length 2 -\bendAfter #-3 s4*1/4
  \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = 3.5
  cs8 e~ |
}

\score {
  \fallTest