> On Apr 26, 2017, at 1:21 PM, lilypond-user-requ...@gnu.org wrote:
>
> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 19:21:06 +0200
> From: Bernhard Kleine <bernhard.kle...@gmx.net
> <mailto:bernhard.kle...@gmx.net>>
> To: lilypond-user@gnu.org <mailto:lilypond-user@gnu.org>
> Subject: Midiimport f?r Lilypond/Frescobaldi
>
> I saw the thread in this group four years ago. Is there any new
> information whether a keyboard can be used to produce midi-output which
> can be imported into lilypond with a gain of time.
>
> My problem: when writing scores to be used in our choir I often make
> mistakes. If I could listen to the music instead of reading the notes I
> might find errors faster.
>
> Any report from experience would be helpful.
>
> Regards Bernhard

Bernhard,
midi2ly.py for converting .midi files to Lilypond is operational in the current
version 2.19, but it has some limitations. You might want to have a look at it.
I've been working on updating it, but it's been slow going (for me).  If you do
try it, let me know of any specific concerns.
Joe Austin aka DrTechDaddy