On 29 June 2017 at 21:59, Johan Vromans <jvrom...@squirrel.nl> wrote:

> Since I usually do note input with Denemo, I tried to change the key
> definitions to match Denemo ( 0 = whole, 1 = half, 2 = quart, ...  ).
> I changed the definitions in LQkeyboardEvents.lua but this doesn't seem to
> work. Reading the code in LilyQuick.lua (lines 664 ...) doesn't make clear
> how this is supposed to work.
>
> Can you explain?
>
> Also, it may be a good idea to make the keystrokes match Denemo by default.

Hi Johan,

I’ve put version 0.941beta up which fixes the issue of custom layouts not
working and adds a Denemo layout option.

https://github.com/palestrina/lily-q

I developed the layout myself using the Finale Speedy Note Entry as a base,
which was:

8 - \breve
7 - 1
6 - 2
5 - 4
4 - 8
3 - 16
2 - 32
1 - 64

I always found the 1 key representing a note I never used a bit annoying,
and also lots of alternating between 8 and 16 required jumping between 4
and 3. So I made a circular sort of layout where adjacent note values are
always next to each other. But the latest patch allows you to do whatever
you like :-)

Vaughan