Hi, Sam!

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Samuel Speer <samuelsp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try this:
>>
>> \override Lyrics.LyricText.extra-spacing-width = #'(-inf.0 . +inf.0)
>>
>> HTH,
>> Abraham
>>

> Thank you very much! That was very helpful.
>
> For the benefit of anyone who reads this archive in the future, the
> positive should actually come before the negative:
>
> \override Lyrics.LyricText.extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
>
> Also, here is the page of the Internals Reference that explains this:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/lyrictext

Did that work for you? I actually can't get that to work on any 2.19
release (at least up to 62, can't confirm beyond that at the moment), but I
also didn't realize that my solution was throwing errors so that's no good.
Sorry about that.

What about this:

\override Lyrics.LyricText.X-extent = #'(0 . 0)

This works for me as expected.

Best,
Abraham