Hi Matthias

I had used Lilypond on Windows10 for a while with no problems, however
recent updates have caused quite a few different issues and permissions is a
big one.

My lily files were all in C:\windows\users\peter\lilypool and the lilypond
program in C:\ProgramFiles(86)\Lilypond and Frescobaldi in in
C:\ProgramFiles(86)\Frescobaldi.

Everything worked fine but after one fateful OS update I found to extra
folders in C:\windows\users\  , PETERDESKTOP and PETERDESKTOP.000.

Frescobaldi ceased to work the solution I came to was to run Frescobaldi as
Administrator (even though my account peter is an administrator) somehow
these unbidden "users" had screwed things.

I have been trying to get some sense out of MS for days without any luck,
other issues also abound.

ADVICE "Do not join the Windows Insider program - unless you have plenty of
spare time and a good working knowledge of the Windows OS methodology"

Regards Peter