On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Dave Higgins <dave.higg...@dkds.us> wrote:

> Is there a way to center a whole notehead in the bar?
>
> << { c'1 } \new Dynamics { \override Hairpin #'minimum-length = #8 s8\> s
> s s s\p\< s s s\! } >>
>
> I know I could use silence and fractional note lengths, but that seems
> sloppy.
>
> Also, why doesn't R1*1 work like R1*2 (by putting the 2 in position over
> the rest)? (rhetorical)  Yes, I have a solution for this too, but again,
> sloppy.
> --
> Dave

Greetings, Dave -

Please try to be a little more clear about your problem:

The example above compiles, but it's not clear if the measure you want
changed is the first measure.

It helps to know your LilyPond version and your operating system.

It would also help to see an example (.jpg or .pdf, for example) of what
you are trying to achieve.

For a hint toward a possible solution, please see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-04/msg00266.html
in the LilyPond Snippets Repository.
It's also possible that the OpenLilyLib might have a solution. Take a look
at
https://github.com/openlilylib/

Happy New Year,

Ralph