Hi,

What's the right way to allow two pieces of markup to overlap on top of
each other?

### BEGIN ###

\version "2.19.80"

\new Staff {

    \override TextScript.staff-padding = 4

    \override TextScript.Y-extent = ##f

    c'4

    ^

    \markup {

        Allegro

    }

    d'4

    ^

    \markup {

        non troppo

    }

    e'4

    f'4

}

### END ###

I would imagine that setting y-extent to zero would do the trick. But in
the example above, LilyPond moves the second piece of markup up and out of
the way. (This, of course, is exactly the right default behavior.)

But how do I specify that the two pieces of markup should align vertically
(hence the staff-padding) *even at the expense of overprinting*?

A morning of setting various spacing parameters to ##f, #'(0 . 0),
#'(+info.0 . -inf.0) and the like seemed to yield no overprinting, no
matter what the configuration of settings.

Thanks,

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača