Hello all,

I am using git to keep track of edits to scores and am presently using

        \bookOutputName "score-filename"

to write the output filename for the pdf that is generated in the
LilyPond "ly" file.  I am also using

        "git Version: \gitCommitish "

in the tagline so the generated pdf has the git version information
included in the score that is generated. I am wondering if there is a
way to include \gitCommitish in \bookOutputSuffix so that the output
filename looks like:

        "score-filename-gitversion.pdf".

So far I have not been able to figure out how to do that or find an
existing solution in the snippets, forum or elsewhere.   If anyone has
a solution, please share it.

Thanks in advance,

Ben