Hi,

Wow, that looks very promising.  I am looking at this note on my cell phone
right now, so I cannot test it just yet. I will try this later when I get
home and see what happens.

Thanks very much for this!

Cheers,

Ben

On Jan 15, 2018 21:38, "Flaming Hakama by Elaine" <ela...@flaminghakama.com>
wrote:

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Urs Liska <li...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Actually I misread your original post and referred you to what you already
> had.
>
> Elaine's hint is true but won't bring you any further because that's what
> is already happening in the background when you use the \gitCommittish
> function.
>
> The point is (I think) that the function is explicitly making a markup
> from a string - and in order to concatenate a string for the file name you
> should simply avoid that step.
>
> Urs

So, the \gitCommitish returns a markup, and it needs to be a string?
If so, does this help?

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=747

%% http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=747
%% see also http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/text

%% TODO markup->string is in the source
%% test, if it can be deleted here

% mup = markup argument
% conc = boolean whether to concat or not
#(define (markup->string mup conc)
        (let ((result ""))
             (map (lambda (x)
                          (begin
                            ;; if this is a concat-markup, do not insert
blanks between string
                            (if (eq? x concat-markup)(set! conc #t))
                            (if (list? x)
                                (set! result
                                  ;; if we are concatenating or we start
with an empty result, don't add a blank
                                  (if (or conc (string=? result ""))
                                      (string-append result (markup->string
x conc))
                                      (string-append result " "
(markup->string x conc)))))
                            (if (string? x)
                                (set! result
                                  ;; if we are concatenating or we start
with an empty result, don't add a blank
                                  (if (or conc (string=? result ""))
                                      (string-append result x)
                                      (string-append result " " x))))
                            result))
                  mup)
             result)
)
#(define-markup-command (plain-text layout props arg)(markup?)
                        (interpret-markup layout props (markup
(markup->string arg #f))))

#(define output-suffix \plain-text \gitCommitish ... )

David Elaine Alt
415 . 341 .4954 <(415)%20341-4954>
  "*Confusion is highly underrated*"
ela...@flaminghakama.com