Late to the party, but you asked:

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:47 PM, Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> https://forums.makemusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2065&sid=
> 70206c7b17c9cd8107c4ad1250073f0c
> But not discussing how it _should_ be done.
> I don't have Gould at hand, does she says anything about it?

Gould:189 discusses fermata placement: they are to be centered over the
tremolo beams, inside slurs in two-voice writing, outside and above the
stave otherwise. It would be nice if there were a way to attach the fermata
to the tremolo as a whole and do this placement automatically.

Likewise, in a project I'm working on with Urs Liska, we're having to do a
lot of extra code to get proper fermatas on the final barlines of score
sections, which I would also like to see as something that … doesn't need
all that extra code.

Cheers,