Urs,

The "temp-print-message" branch worked perfectly first time. You are
amazing! One small problem for me though -- the output is rendering the
measure and beat with the lilyglyphs ({1}{4.\,\crotchet}). How can I get it
back to just {1}{4} without the lilyglyph? I know I've seen how to do it
somewhere but I just can't find it.

All the best,

Craig