Hi Simon,

I understand. Let me ask you then, where should this behavior be
documented? Perhaps in the section about modifying shapes
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes> in
the Notation Reference?
Currently it states:

> Known issues and warnings
>
> It is not possible to modify shapes of ties or slurs by changing the
> control-points property if there are multiple ties or slurs at the same
> musical moment – the \tweak command will also not work in this case.
> However, the tie-configuration property of TieColumn can be overridden to
> set start line and direction as required.

Since contrary to the above this is indeed possible (as proved by the
example shared by Harm), could this paragraph be updated instead? I think
we can all agree that the documentation needs to convey accurate
information.

I was going to write a longer message but this has already gone too out of
thread. I don't know where/how this kind of issues are supposed to be
discussed. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be happy to
bring this up in the right place and in the right manner.