On 13 April 2018 at 10:00, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Gianmaria Lari <gianmarial...@gmail.com> writes:

> >> \pushToTag #'tag c' \tag #'tag {}
> >>
> > Thank you for the example. It is simple in the sense that it is concise
> > but for me it is not clear.
>
> Which is exactly what I was anticipating.  If you bothered actually
> mentioning just _what_ you want explained or _what_ is unclear with the
> existing documentation, this would be less of a fumbling around in the
> dark.
>
> > But playing with it you probably make me understand.
>
> I think you can perfectly well play with it yourself.
>
> >> How about stating what you _want_ to do?
> >>

> > Yesterday you point out to me these two commands and I just would like to
> > "learn them".
>
> How about pointing out what you find hard to understand in the
> documentation then?

I'm not a musician and I'm a young lilypond user. So I don't like come here
and say that this part of the documentation is not clear even if I would
specify that it is not clear *to me*. Report this type of things is
difficult without hurt the persons that write the documentation work. And
of course, I appreciate who made the effort to write it.

Regarding the example in the documentation: here it is.

test = { \tag #'here { \tag #'here <<c''>> } }
{
  \pushToTag #'here c'
  \pushToTag #'here e'
  \pushToTag #'here g' \test
  \appendToTag #'here c'
  \appendToTag #'here e'
  \appendToTag #'here g' \test
}

I simply don't understand it. I don't understand it because: it is too
long, there are too many things, I don't understand the example goal, and I
don't understand the explication following the code. But I'm sure, this is
very probably my specific problem. Of course, I could spend some hours on
it and discover how \pushToTag works, but, well, you can't do this for any
things like this to discover that you don't need this commands :)

So this is why I avoided to complain about the documentation.

P.S. Be patient with my english, I hope what I have written was clear.