On Sat, May 5, 2018, 7:35 AM Gianmaria Lari <gianmarial...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is more a notation question than a lilypond question.
>
> Does exist a standard fingering notation to indicate that a note can be
> played for example with 2 or 3? I normally write
>
> \finger "2(3)"
>
> or
>
> \finger "2/3"
>

> but I'm not sure this is correct.

I think I've usually seen, for a single note, the "primary", or preferred,
fingering on top, with the second fingering directly below :

2
3

That's what I've seen, especially in exercise and etude books, and what
I've used in transcribing them. I've also seen, for a single note, one
fingering above the staff and another below the staff.

HTH,

Ralph

Ralph Palmer
Brattleboro, VT