Hi Craig,

You can tupletize lone notes with no warnings:

### BEGIN ###

\new Staff
{

    \times 2/3
    {
        g'2.:8
    }

    \times 2/3
    {
        a'2.:8
    }

    \times 2/3
    {
        bf'2.:8
    }

    \times 2/3
    {
        bf'2.:8

[image: craig-tuplets.png]

Changing "\tuplet 2/3 2" to "\tuplet 2/3 4" (David's solution) is the right
one; but knowing about the (explicit) time scaling available with \times is
helpful to have as a backup (and allows you to think and notate each sixth
note as a sixth note).

Trevor.

Trevor Bača
www.trevorbaca.com