On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 00:27, Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Sa., 6. Okt. 2018 um 23:48 Uhr schrieb Peter Crighton
> <petecrigh...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I need the bass note of a chord symbol to be in parentheses, like so:
> > C(/G)
> >
> > How could I achieve this? I am, sadly, clueless.
> >
> > \version "2.19.82"
> > \new ChordNames {
> >   \chordmode {
> >     % like this, but with only the /G in parentheses -> C(/G)
> >     \parenthesize c1/g
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peter
>
> Hi,
>
> probably:
>
> \new ChordNames
>   \chordmode {
>     \set slashChordSeparator = ""
>     \set chordNoteNamer =
>     #(lambda (pitch lowercase?)
>       (make-line-markup (list "(/" (note-name->markup pitch lowercase?)
> ")")))
>     c/fis
>     c/g
>   }
>
> HTH,
>   Harm

Thanks!
How would I go about either shifting the parentheses vertically or making
them smaller? They probably make sense how they are now with regard to
sharps/flats and possible lowercase letters, but they still look off,
especially with the C(/G) example. Although Iā€™m just realising ā€“ looking at
the characters I just typed in ā€“ that such alignment of parentheses is
probably typographically common. I would have expected them to be exactly
as tall as all other characters in the example.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de