On Wed 17 Oct 2018 at 15:43:40 (+0200), Thomas Morley wrote:

> I'd like to propose the code below. Attached as well.
>
> It stores the info in a string, which is converted to a nested list
> suitable for 'systemStartDelimiterHierarchy'. It can be nested in
> arbitrary depth.
>
> I used the following signs:
> [] indicating start/end of SystemStartBracket
> {} indicating start/end of SystemStartBrace
> <> indicating start/end of SystemStartSquare
> () indicating start/end of SystemStartBar
> Other elements should be of string-length 1
>
> I'm not that happy with the ones for SystemStartSquare and
> SystemStartBar. Though I looked for signs mirroring each others and
> not hard to type.

Would ## work for SystemStartSquare and || for SystemStartBar?
I think they're on most computer keyboards.
(I have no idea whether they'd need escaping, or would be ambiguous
in the locations you intend for them.)

The # wiki notes that British Telecom used the term "square" for hash
at one time. I guess this was before the British public had an
unambiguous name for it, "pound" being verboten, "number" rare, and
"hash" not quite proper in polite society.

Cheers,
David.