Thank you Torsten, unfortunately this doesn't satisfy the criteria of #3
request, working across transpositions. If I ask for:
\key c \KeySig

...it prints a ces in the key signature. Although irrelevant, the example
I'm giving is much much simpler than my actual needs which involves key
signatures for Turkish makams and microtonality. So far I'm only running
across two makams that have this issue. Anyway, being able to solve my
simple locrian example will show me the way.

Basically I want to suppress output of that one lonely accidental.

Thanks again!

Adam