On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 at 16:06, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Gianmaria Lari <gianmarial...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have this simple scheme substitution function
> >
> > myFin = #(define-music-function (m)  (ly:music?)
> >     #{ \addStringNumber \addFingering $m "1x2x" "x3x4" #}
> > )
> >

> > It simply adds some fingering and string numbers on the musical
> expression
> > argument m. I use like this:
> >
> > \myFin {a b c' d'}
> >

> > I would like to modify "myFin" function adding two more string parameters
> > so that I can pass the fingering strings. In the end I would like to be
> > able to write
> >
> > \myFin {a b c' d' "1x2x" "x3x4" }
> >

> > How can I do it?
>
> You can't because {a b c' d' "1x2x" "x3x4" } is not valid input

[....]

Sure, sure! It was just a mistake!! Of course I didn't intend to put the
strings inside the brackets.

> You could try for
>
>     \myFin {a b c' d'} "1x2x" "x3x4"

exactly :)

> instead which is obviously done using
>
> myFin = #(define-music-function (m a b)  (ly:music? string? string?)
>     #{ \addStringNumber \addFingering $m #a #b #}
> )

Yes it is obvious also for me. But beside the previous error I probably
forgot two or three others insignificant details :) and as usual the
Lilypond log was not enough for me.

Thank you David
g.