From: "N. Andrew Walsh" <n.andrew.wa...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 8:30 AM
To: lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: setting one book to landscape

There's one other matter here with this score: In the console output, I see
this:

Drawing systems. . .
warning: compressing over-full page by 24.5 staff-spaces
warning: page 1 has been compressed

So how can I figure out why it's compressing the page? I don't see any \paper
block besides these I've listed that specify a size for the page, so I don't
know where it could be. Is there some special procedure for making
landscape-format scores?

All this means is that the best page layout it could find with your systems was
24.5 staff spaces too tall for the page, so it squeezed things a little closer
than you’d like.

I don’t consider this warning to be a problem at all, as long as the visual
representation of the music is OK in your opinion.

HTH,

Carl